A virtual tour is a computer-generated simulation of an existing place, usually consisting of a sequence of images or videos. They're used to give users a feel for a space before actually visiting it.
Virtual tours can be used for all sorts of places, including businesses, vacation rentals, and event venues.
They're handy for businesses that want to show off their space to potential customers or clients but don't have the budget for a professional photographer.
There are a few ways to create virtual tours. In this article, we'll focus on creating a free virtual tour using CloudPano.
To create a free virtual tour on CloudPano, you'll need to create an account (no credit card is required) and then follow these steps:
2. Create a New Tour on your dashboard, then select the 360 photos or videos you want to use in your virtual tour. You can upload photos and videos from your computer or use ones already stored in your CloudPano media library.
3. Add hotspots to your virtual tour. Hotspots are clickable areas that allow you to add additional information, photos, or videos to your tour. They're a great way to add more content and make your virtual tour more engaging.
4. Connect your floor plans to your virtual tour. One of the unique features of CloudPano is that you can connect your virtual tour to a floor plan. This is especially useful for businesses, as it allows potential customers or clients to see your space laid out before actually visiting it. To connect your virtual tour to a floor plan, simply follow these steps:
5. Re-order the scenes in your virtual tour. You can do this by dragging and dropping the scenes into the order you want them so that your virtual tour flows the way you need it to.
6. Customize the look and feel of your virtual tour. CloudPano offers a variety of customization options, including the ability to change colors, fonts, and logos. In addition, CloudPano has an excellent portfolio of virtual tour demos that show what's possible. Available also is the ultimate guide on how to create a virtual tour.
7. Share your virtual tour. Once you're happy with your virtual tour, you can share it with others. Keep in mind, however, that there's a three free tour limit on CloudPano, and that the created tours expire in 120 days.
While the free version of CloudPano is excellent for creating simple virtual tours, you may want to consider upgrading to Pro or Pro Plus if you need more features. Some additional features you'll get with a paid subscription include:
This isn't to say you can't create a virtual tour free of charge. You can still use unlimited 360º photos for your tour, add branding and logos, and enjoy gyroscope-enabled motion control. You can also incorporate hotspots and infospots in your virtual tour and share it anywhere. This way, you get a great idea of what you'll be getting should you choose to upgrade.
Indeed, CloudPano is an excellent option for those who want to create a virtual tour for free. It's easy to use and offers various customization options. Plus, you can share your virtual tour with others by embedding it on your website or sharing the link.
Enjoyed building your 360º virtual tour for free? Upgrade your CloudPano account to pro or pro plus today to enjoy more features.
Try it free. No credit card required. Instant set-up.